Saturday, February 26, 2011

Christening Name Frames

When it comes to stamping and papercraft we are only limited by our imagination. Traditionally cards and scrapbooking are the most popular projects created, however when my friend Karen mentioned she had to organise Christening gifts for her nephews a new idea popped into my head. I offered to make a little name frame for each baby as a keepsake gift his parents could also display in the nursery or next to the Christening cake. I set to work and came up with these:


I used the Big Shot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder: Perfect Polka Dots for the background on Whisper White card. The alphabet is the Timeless Type set used with the Big Shot - it magically cuts out each letter, and I have done two sets in white and Crumb Cake for a shadow look. I have mounted the letters with Stamin' Dimensionals which 'pop'  the letters.  Finishing touches are the border and scalloped oval Nursery Suite die cuts and white pearls. The whitewash frames are from Big W. I hope the proud parents like them!


All our love and thoughts go to everyone in Christchurch, what a terrible start to 2011. We are reminded of the important things in life; to cherish our loved ones and make the most of our precious time here. Enjoy every moment!

Have a great weekend 

Carolyn :)

3 comments:

  1. Caz - what a great idea for a gift. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! You've certainly taken to the creative potential of your Big Shot!
    I'm sure the parents (and the kids themselves later) will treasure them :)

    By the way, Stampin' Crop on Saturday if you're free? And your bag of cardstock scraps is here too...
    xx michelle

    ReplyDelete

Please say hi i'd love to hear from you